The Hidden Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiverse?

Go down

Multiverse? Empty Multiverse?

Post by Paper Ghost 6/2/2019, 22:06

This is an idea I've had for quite a while but am still unsure if I want to actually use. Basically it would be that all of my stories exist in the same universe/multiverse. It would be especially easy to do considering my one concept about dead beings becoming gods. The idea came about because of the concept of a "realm walker" character who can traverse through the different worlds at will. This character idea came about before the gods concept and it would be easy to merge them into one and create a massive, connected multiverse. An idea could be that the realm walker character shows up in all the stories in some way. Whether or not they play a part in the plot wouldn't really matter; they could just be seen in passing. I think it's kind of cool because someone would have to pay attention to realise it's the same character across the different stories.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Multiverse? Empty Re: Multiverse?

Post by D.M.G. 12/2/2019, 19:49

Ya, although it requires a careful treatment, I'd say
But it would definitively be rewarding for the readers to notice that kind of details ^^

I like it ^^
D.M.G.
D.M.G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan 16/2/2019, 07:48

What if ALL works or even reality are part of a multiverse? Just more solidly separate than the rather shallow multiverses common media has, like the comic book giants marvel and dc.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Ghost 4/3/2019, 22:23

Technically my "character" already exists in all stories I write. But that is different than the realm walker idea. I also forgot to mention that the easiest way to notice the character would be the name, I think. I never re-use names across stories. There's always unique ones for characters.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Surenu 12/5/2019, 09:22

My entire setting is based on the existence of a multiverse, the boundaries within which can be traversed sometimes, so this is an interesting concept for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Ghost 12/5/2019, 09:27

Surenu wrote:My entire setting is based on the existence of a multiverse

Infinite multiverse or finite?

(And fuck I always accidentally clicked the edit button instead of quote)
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Surenu 12/5/2019, 14:41

Pangaea wrote:
Surenu wrote:My entire setting is based on the existence of a multiverse

Infinite multiverse or finite?

(And fuck I always accidentally clicked the edit button instead of quote)

I'll get into details in later threads, but there is no hard limit. However, entities coming over from universes with vastly different natural laws may experience some problems.
Surenu
Surenu

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Ghost 12/5/2019, 15:00

I guess for me it would be limited since I only have so many stories.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum