The Hidden Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Insertion

Go down

Self Insertion Empty Self Insertion

Post by Paper Ghost 3/3/2019, 04:12

We all know self insertion for the main character is bad. It's the cause of Mary-Sues. But do you ever include yourself in your stories as side or minor characters? For example, in the original draft (written around 15-16) of the first story in my major work I included myself as an innkeeper. My "character" played a small part but it was definitely me.

I'm a different character in my project now.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Self Insertion Empty Re: Self Insertion

Post by Charlatan 4/9/2019, 15:17

I always make a self insert tho he is very optional and unimportant, he is usually the "Suspicious Stranger" and gives a little few meta infos about the world but otherwise goes back to sleep or drink -the thing ism he is present in pretty much all my WIP game mods and is a main character of my starbound WIP and don't neglect that one - I love this one very much and surenu would be there too

In the starbound game mod he stops drinkinging and inspires the main character who also stops drinking btw

Well thats just one, the rest didnt drink anyway

Other than that I always self-insert tho it usually is very rare, mild and easy to miss in some cases.
In my mods there is always a "suspicious stranger" and also in SIF hanging around giving 4th wall infos, it is always playful and mild tho
Charlatan
Charlatan
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum