The Hidden Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day, all!

Go down

G'day, all! Empty G'day, all!

Post by Jonesy 5/4/2019, 22:42

Hello, everyone! I'm Jonesy. Some of you probably know me as one of the moderators on the Chucklefish Forums. I'm currently doing the last year of a writing degree, which is going quite well so far. I aim to become a published author in the near future, and probably get a job as an editor, article writer or some such to supplement it.

My main literary achievement thus far has been Human & Lupusad: Of Men & Wolves, a web serial novel I wrote over the course of a few years. It's set in a Victorian-esque world occupied by industrialized humans and the wolflike lupusad, who are treated as slaves and second-class citizens. The story follows a young human aristocrat who befriends a lupusad apothecary forced to flee her home, with the two going on to form a charity and ultimately develop feelings for each other. I've taken the story offline for the moment, but am in the process of re-writing it into novel format, as well as to make the story much more focused and effective.

I'm also working on the early stages of a brand new novel called Peacekeeper. Set in the 23rd century, it's based at humanity's embassy to a despotic empire that - if it weren't for an ongoing war between them and a technologically superior society - would have already attempted to subjugate humanity like several other species before it. The protagonist comes from one of these previously-enslaved species, but when his parents are shot dead by imperial soldiers during a food riot he is ultimately raised at an orphanage at the human embassy. Upon coming of age, he enlists as the first nonhuman member of the human military, sparking a political firestorm and placing him at the forefront of an interstellar cold war.

I'll probably share some details on Peacekeeper's setting, and possibly where I intend to take it as a series. But until then, I'll see you all around!

Jonesy

Back to top Go down

G'day, all! Empty Re: G'day, all!

Post by Paper Ghost 5/4/2019, 23:06

Welcome aboard. Peacekeeper sounds like it'll be complex so I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan 19/4/2019, 01:41

Heya Jonesy! You may know me as the weirdo and frequently drunk dumbass Charlatan on Chucklefish forums! :P
Charlatan
Charlatan
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum