The Hidden Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weird One

Go down

The Weird One Empty The Weird One

Post by Charlatan 19/4/2019, 02:00

Oi there!

I'm the Charlatan. Some know me from other discords or maybe from my Starbound mod and modding advice.

A weirdo through and through, I am bound to sometimes annoy people, break social norms and laws and I do not really mind: my intentions are good, and mostly about sharing my creativity, ideas and dreams with those who are interested in them - and I earned the right to say creativity and imagination is my strong side.

I am mostly free of bias and prejudice and am open to talk about topics others consider taboo or NSFW. This is not just granted by my effort though, I shamelessly admit that I have a form of autism and feel, simply put, different.

My specialty is creating stories that are high-fantasy, supernatural, complex, adventurous, emotional and stay true to their own laws, as in, staying authentic without stupid things like mary sues or main characters blatantly ignoring physical law just because otherwise they'd die and the story would end.

I am pretty bad at pure sci-fi settings and barely interested in space travel and it's science fiction, but oddly, I am perfectly fine with multi-dimensional settings or space travel basically being bypassed by high-fantasy magic/portals visiting different worlds, or, in favor of Lovecraftian lore, magic/rituals/curses we just cannot even grasp at or understand.
Space travel is also fine if it's Starbound! :>

That being said, the supernatural, mythology and any lore involved with either are a recurring thing in my stories.

Other than that, I am a mentally sick, but laid-back, comfort-loving beardy austrian who is disgusted by the idea of physically forcing things and prefers to use the mind and coercion, even if my weakness to alcohol has caused misbehavior and rudeness on the starbound forums before.
The only thing that is violent in me is my tongue. >:P

So if we can relax and chat peacefully, everyone is welcome to me no matter of race, religion, sexual orientation, fetish or sub-culture.

Last edited by Charlatan on 23/4/2019, 19:21; edited 7 times in total
Charlatan
Charlatan
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Weird One Empty Re: The Weird One

Post by D.M.G. 23/4/2019, 15:21

This is an oh-so-lovely and accurate description :D
D.M.G.
D.M.G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan 24/4/2019, 03:42

Why lovely :O
Charlatan
Charlatan
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by D.M.G. 24/4/2019, 08:26

Because you're lovely :D
D.M.G.
D.M.G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Ghost 12/5/2019, 17:32

Charlatan wrote:My specialty is creating stories that are high-fantasy, supernatural, complex, adventurous, emotional and stay true to their own laws, as in, staying authentic without stupid things like mary sues or main characters blatantly ignoring physical law just because otherwise they'd die and the story would end.

I'd say internal consistency is one of the single most important things to have. Also late but welcome.
Paper Ghost
Paper Ghost
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum